See the Facebook Event page for more information.
From Climate convergence:
Map of Global Sister Marches
People’s Climate Marches Across Canada
HELP US BUILD THIS ACTION
Organizing meetings will be held every Wednesday from 7 to 9pm up to April 29th at Langara College in room A347 unless otherwise posted or updated. All who want to contribute to the organizing are welcome to attend. You can also support by promoting the event via social media/email and distributing flyers and putting up posters, attending Art Builds and IntersActions or signing up to volunteer at the march itself. Stay tuned to this event page for updates.
VOLUNTEER to help on the day of the March
DONATE to help us cover expenses like stage, sound, tent and equipment rentals, honorariums, promotion online and in print etc.
Opening Rally in Creekside Park next to Science World followed by March ending at Vancouver Library Main Branch.
March Route: https://goo.gl/maps/
On the traditional, unceded, occupied territories of the səlil̓wətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.
SPEAKERS (more updates coming soon)
MC – Ally Calladine, Climate Convergence
Grand Chief Stewart Phillip – President, Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Kanahus Manuel – Secwepemc Warrior
George Heyman – BC New Democratic Party MLA
David Wong – Green Party Candidate
Nour Enayeh – Syrian Refugee Support Worker and Muslim Community Activist
TBD – Green Jobs BC
MUSICAL ACTS (coming soon)
Organizations supporting this march (more coming soon):
Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Canadian Union of Postal Workers
Public Service Alliance of Canada – BC Region
United Fishermen and Allied Workers Union – Unifor
BC Teacher’s Federation
Richmond Teacher’s Association
West Coast Environmental Law
Force of Nature Alliance
Sierra Club BC
Burnaby Residents Opposing Kinder Morgan Expansion (BROKE)
Pipe UP Network
Canada Philippines Solidarity for Human Rights
Join Eid Joy Committee
Welcome Ramadan Committee
Unitarian Church of Vancouver Social Justice and Environment Committees
Earthkeepers: Christians for Climate Justice
KAIROS Metro Vancouver
Is your organization interested in supporting this event?
Please read the “Why We’re Marching” statement below and contact Program and Outreach coordinator : Eric Lescarbeau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why We’re Marching (https://
On April 29th we will be in the streets across Canada, in solidarity with the march in Washington, DC (https://
We will come together from across Canada to strengthen our movement and prepare for the struggles ahead. We will demonstrate our power and resistance in cities and towns across the country. We will bring our solutions to the climate crisis and the problems that affect our communities to our political leaders to demand Real Change, not broken promises and empty rhetoric.
We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement on Saturday, April 29th as we march to:
· Advance solutions to the climate crisis that are rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
· Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
· Demand recognition of Indigenous Sovereignty, respect for existing Treaties and the right of First Nations to Free, Prior and Informed Consent for all projects on their traditional and unceded territories.
· Immediately take steps to support immigrants, refugees and communities of color and LGBTQ2I communities impacted by the attacks on them south of the border and by the dislocation caused by global climate change
· Ensure public funds and investments create good paying green jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
· Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
· Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech
March with us on April 29th as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.
For general inquiries: climateconvergence604@gmai